Thursday, January 9, 2014

Summer time, summer time, sumsumsummer time!

I have lived through many spiritual winters. 

I know now that the seasons of plenty and harvest, fall between seasons of muted light and diminished warmth in an enduring cycle. In a cycle of endurance. This is by design. I don't have to ask where the Son has gone in the winter. He is shining on other pastures, giving my soul time to rest and reflect and renew. Winter is a time for using the stores laid up during the time of plenty. Winter is the opportunity to feel the stretch of my soul toward the Source of the light, when all the low-lying fruit has long been gone. Winter is a time to prove my love for the Son. Winter is a reminder to be grateful.

Summer gets all the glory. It is a time when more hours of light mean more hours of labor. A time when much is given and required. A time when it is easy to see and use and share and prove the Light. Summer is the spell when love is abundantly reaped. Times of darkness are brief and well compensated. Everything is pleasant and easy in summer. We gain a false sense that it should go on and on and on.

There have been times when I thought the change in light from abundant to sufficient to meager implied a change in the favor I was finding. Not so. The Son is always radiant, central and life-giving. I am on a mortal course around the Son. Tomatoe seeds don't harbor scorn or cry forsaken when daylight shrinks, neither should I.

I am in a spiritual summer. I feel the joy and ease of my load. I hope that the stores of light and faith and hope I am setting in rows of remembrance will carry me through the next winter of stretching and rest. I know now that whatever the season my faith is enduring, the Son has not moved from His throne. In time, gravity will catch me again and pull me in close, warming my weary bones and filling me up for another swing around the Son.


1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I really love this entry! Especially as I try to relax into what feels like a never-ending winter...thank the heavens for the stores I have laid up in preparation. Thank you for saying so beautifully what I need to hear again and again.
LOVES!
~Ariel