Saturday, September 8, 2012

Organizing Fun

Today's Accomplishments: survived a public piano performance*, re-arranged virtual {Blog} furniture, uummm - that's about it.
{Since I didn't know how many songs I would need to fill the time before/after, I coded the ones I could play well, fairly well, and only right handed in case of absolute desperation to fill the time!}

Last weekend, I insisted that we {TBS, my dad and I} remove all items from the garage, sort through the boxes, toss/donate** as much as possible and put the surviving belongings back in organized-by-category and fully-inventoried ways. The only method for accomplishing this was "Clean Sweep" style - complete with tarps laid out on the lawn and topped with boxes piled by category***.


I don't think we won any fans in the neighborhood that day**** but I can get two cars in the garage now, to say nothing of knowing where to find an autumn garland/wreath when I need one*****.

- - - - - - - - -
*I was asked to play for the baptism of one of my primary lovelies. I can't tell you how many hours I spent neglecting my kids practicing "The Fourth Article of Faith" and "When I am Baptized" this week. I had to play prelude/interlude/postlude too. I must say, my prayers were answered, because I didn't run screaming mid-tune when I messed up. Repeatedly. At least they know better than to call me to play the piano in church now! (I have legit performance anxiety. A LOT of it.)
**The ice cream truck lady stopped to ask if we were having a yard sale (as did several other people) and I said she (they) were welcome to pilfer the "donate" pile. So she did. She got 4 bar stools, we got two popsicles. Fair enough.
***Do you hear banjo music playing? My dad was worried people would think we were gypsies. I'm sure they did. But it was worth it!!! :oD
****It was one day, people. Seriously, did anyone else watch Clean Sweep? If not, have you seen Hoarders?? I rest my case.
*****I love decorating for fall. *sigh*

2 comments:

Tricks are for Kidds said...

I am only admitting this to you...but I love watching Hoarders. Jeremy's not to keen about me watching that show because afterwards I start itching to get rid of stuff. I love that you cleaned out your garage and put everything out on a tarp. I think that is the best way to clean and organize...but definitely not the easiest. Good Job!

Kathy said...

Thanks, Heather!