Tuesday, August 21, 2012

Hope gurgles occasionally*

Today's Accomplishments: OT for one of my Future-Fine-Young-Men, two more loads of laundry through the system, made a healthy dinner replete with vegetables and made-from-scratchness- -then followed it up with a made-from-scratch batch of oatmeal cranberry chocolate chip cookies, researched foster parenting, skulked on facebook.

{{Clearly not one of my more productive days, so here's a picture of the plaque I made on Saturday last, but didn't blog about:}}
{Bragadocious Alert: It cost exactly nothing, since in all my crafting wisdom, I recognized the potential of the board at Goodwill a number of months ago, ($2.99 from my April budget) and I have cute Stampin' Up! paper coming out my nose. The mug hooks survived my jewelry organizing project.}


Here's what I think about Hope:

Against my own pesimistic (if not better) judgement, I am choosing to HOPE that my current campaign to exercise less more and eat more*** less will garner better results than the last four have. Here's to hoping also, that it is possible to lose weight (again!) and keep it off (this time).

I also HOPE that the toddler potty training set-backs** that have gone on here lately will come to a swift and abrupt end. {read: pleeease, please, please, PLEASE in the name of already-tenuous motherly sanity- -make it stop!}

May I also just say that I LOVE the fact that "faith, hope and charity" are the order of the day, rather than "know, apply and exemplify." There is hope for me yet!

Hope you****'re having a good evening/night/sleep/midnight snack.

- - - - - - - - - - - -
*A more accurate assesment in my case than conveying that it 'springs eternal.'
**I am sparing you the gratuitous details. You're welcome.
***Did you see the part about the cookies I made today? Yup.
****Obviously, I am addressing you, TheBoyScout, as you remain my only reader to date.

No comments: